January 31, 2006 stalled out
I got a bit stalled by John Adams. I've heard such good things about David McCullough and I really want to like this book (especially after seeing him on The Daily Show doing promotion for 1776, which also sounds interesting to me), but I just can't seem to read it with the same pace that I usually do. The language is dense, that's true, but I just can't get into it. I am going to keep trying as I won't have a book by an American author beat me, but it's going to take a bit longer than I had previously thought. (It will remain on the list with an asterisk until I finish.)

I received Girls' Poker Night in the mail as part of a BookCrossing bookray, so I need to get started on that, sooner rather than later. And it seems that my profs have taken the "seminar" title of some of my courses to heart, assigning "inhumane" (sorry, that's an inside joke) amounts of reading. My book list will be growing faster than I'd like due only to that in a short while.

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn at 9:16 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.