April 04, 2007 Shopaholic Ties The Knot by Sophie Kinsella
Having finished Shopaholic Abroad on the plane, I started reading the next book in the series at lunch this week. I really like the pacing of Kinsella's books because they move quickly while keeping me engrossed.

Though I usually find Becky annoying, I could really sympathize with her in this book. Of course, there were times when she seemed too materialistic and indecisive (a common theme), but her heart really was in the right place. I loved how she moved the characters through some really rough emotional terrain instead of just focusing on the money being spent like usual. I actually found myself like Luke (a first!) and rooting for him and Becky to have the wedding that they wanted.

I'm still a little squicked by the Suze/Tarkey marriage, but I guess I'll just have to get over it. I liked the recurrence of characters in this book, even if she introduced a few too many new ones this time. Overall, I liked the book and I hope to pick up Shopaholic and Baby soon.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jenn at 10:20 PM 1 comments

1 Comments:

Don't forget Shopaholic and Sister, a very strange addition to the Shopaholic family, but the next in the series (before the Baby one).

I agree with your characterization of Becky, btw. I find something very sympathetic about her obsessive materialism, but sometimes it is a bit grating. "Shopaholic Ties the Knot" was a turning point with me in the series, when I wasn't reading them just because they were fluff, but more because I found Becky more personable than before.

By Blogger Katie, at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.