June 27, 2007 Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy
It's been a few years since I've read a Maeve Binchy book, so I was excited to get back into one. Unlike every other book of hers that I have read, this one was not set in Ireland. And perhaps, that made all the difference.

I was intrigued by the four main characters and the vibrant Greek locals they met on the eve of a local tragedy. It felt different than previous books I've read by her, but I liked it all the same. Some of the parallels between the lives of the locals and that of the visitors felt a little too on the nose and with any other author, I'd roll my eyes. But Ms. Binchy rocks, so I'll give it a pass.

It didn't live up to my expectations, but it was a refreshing break from some of the chick lit I'd been reading, so I really can't complain.

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn at 8:18 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.