October 03, 2007 Shopaholic & Sister by Sophie Kinsella
I recently got this book in the mail as a RABCK from a fellow Bookcrosser, which totally made my day.

As per usual, Becky is self-absorbed, lying, over-enthusiastic and trite. I got through the book pretty quickly, mostly to get to the point where she figures out (as usual) that she needs to tell the truth, especially to her HUSBAND, and stop buying crap with money she doesn't have. Of course, this time, there's also a "sister" who is just as annoying as she is in the opposite manner.

There was an interesting storyline involving Becky and her best friend Suze, but it doesn't really get explored. I really related to coming back home to find that your friends have new friends and you don't really know them anymore. I really wish they had spent more time dealing with that. And dealing with Suze's friend, Lulu - there must be more to that story.

Anyway, it's a good read, but I much prefer Sophie Kinsella's non-Shopaholic books. That's not to say that I won't be reading Shopaholic and Baby when I can get my hands on it, however.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jenn at 3:32 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.