January 31, 2008 I Do (But I Don't) by Cara Lockwood
Well, a couple days after I posted the last entry, The Strand emailed me to say that they didn't have this book in stock any more, but they could send it to me if they got it in the next six weeks or so. Um, yeah, no. So, after much looking, I finally found a copy at the Borders next to Penn Station last weekend when I was in NYC. Yay!

I first heard about this book when I watched the movie on Lifetime starring Dean Cain and Denise Richards. Now, normally, I don't like Denise Richards, but she was endearing in this little TV movie. And Dean Cain plays a firefighter, so yeah, pretty good flick.

The book was really good as well. I liked the first person narrative and the main character was easy to like, right off the bat. Of course, the only problem was that the main character's description is NOTHING like Denise Richards, so I had a bit of a hard time throwing out the mental images I already had for this book and going where the author was taking me. Nonetheless, it was a great, fast read and really enjoyable. The movie stayed pretty true to the book, which was nice, except for the setting of the end scene - and I have to say, I really liked the setting in the movie better. Is that wrong? Meh, in any case, another great, light read and I slipped one more book into January's count!

Labels: , ,

posted by Jenn at 2:50 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.