January 10, 2008 Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella
I expected my local library to have a copy of I Do (But I Don't), but it didn't. So now I'm waiting for my shipment from The Strand to wing its way here.

In the meantime, I figured I'd go ahead and read the latest installment of the Shopaholic series. I try not to read the same author back-to-back, but oh well.

It was surprisingly good. In the beginning, I was rolling my eyes as hard as I've ever done with this character because it seemed like she STILL DOESN'T GET IT and that's SO BLOODY ANNOYING. And while I think my natural response to pregnancy would also be shopping, hopefully, my purchases would be 10 onesies instead of 5 strollers. I'm just saying.

It was light and towards the end, it really started to make me laugh. I liked that some of Becky's suspicions were true because I hate when she's always flying off the handle for no reason. I hate the name they picked, but that often happens to me.

I did like that she finally didn't get something she wanted and they finally didn't end up rolling in it like usual. It was a happy ending, but a more realistic happy that really sat well with me.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jenn at 5:22 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.