February 16, 2008 Little Lady, Big Apple
I finished this book a week ago, but this is the first that I've had the time to actually sit down and write about it. I almost picked up the third book in the series tonight at Barnes and Noble, but decided to wait and grab it from The Strand for half off.

I didn't like this one as well as I liked the first one. Melissa just kept getting suckered into doing things that she didn't want to do and knew would get her into trouble, but didn't have the backbone to say no. That bugged the crap out of me. The ending was a little weak, but I guess everything needs to be tied up in a pretty little bow sometimes. There were some plots that seemed to go nowhere and others that just plain got dropped. Perhaps they will be revisited in the next book.

I did like exploring New York with her and getting to know the different neighborhoods and whatnot. Her boyfriend's house is in my favorite neighborhood, so it was fun to pretend to live for a few hundred pages. She continues to have fabulous clothes and unlimited money for them, which sounds like a dream come true. Overall, a fluffy fun romp through New York in the summer, which was just what I needed on these cold February days.

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn at 8:29 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.