March 25, 2008 The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
I loved this book. I know I'm coming late to the party, what with the movie having been out for weeks and the book out for years before that. However, like a lot of things, I didn't think I'd like it, so I put off checking it out.

It's long and that's daunting to me - it's about twice the length of most of the books I read today. I expected it to be hard to get through since it's historical and my mind is automatically geared to read for class (even still) instead of breezing through. But instead, I found it easy to read and would go through 50-100 pages a night without even realizing it. I think I'm really liking this genre, if only because there isn't always the unbelievable happily ever after - just the normal kind.

Though I know that much of the book is fiction since little is known for sure about Mary Boleyn, Gregory's style makes you forget that. I was immediately sucked into the work of the English royal court and I didn't want the story to end, even though I knew how it was going to end (since I passed history in 5th grade). Fabulous work - and I can't wait to see how they butchered it in the movie version ;)

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn at 3:00 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.