July 13, 2008 Queen of Babble Gets Hitched by Meg Cabot
So, it's been a while since I've posted, mostly because I'm reading about six things at once - but not finishing any of them. I hope that will be changing in the next few weeks, so I can get back on track.

I picked up this book during my trip to LA and I finished it in about 3 hours on Saturday, while at lunch and then later under a shady tree on a quiet street. It moves quickly, just like all of Meg's books that I've read so far, which I like. It was also fairly predictable, but since my predictions were what I wanted to happen, I didn't really mind that either.

This book picks up where the last one leaves off and addresses my concerns and hopes fairly head-on. I was kinda surprised at how pointed the "Ava Geck" seems to lampoon Paris Hilton, even with Meg Cabot's assertion that everything is fictional. I got a little sick of the main character's wishy-washy-ness regarding her love life after the conflict came to a head, but by that point, there were only about 100 pages to the end, so...yeah.

I was sad to say goodbye to Lizzie Nichols and the end of the triology, but I'm sure Meg will be whipping something new up for her adult fans soon.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jenn at 3:31 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts

Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.