July 14, 2008 Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto by Chuck Klosterman
Just a quick note that I've ended my Amazon.com Associates membership, so all links posted with the book covers will be to author websites and the like instead of Amazon.

This book was recommended to me by KB a long time ago, but I've just recently read through the essays. I won't say that I've closely read every single piece, but I did read the ones that KB thought I would like. And he was right!

The essays are about 10-15 pages each, making it a great book to take with you as you run errands or wait for someone to show up. My favorite essays include the one about The Real World (why KB originally rec'd it to me) and Saved By The Bell. I found myself saying "Yes! Exactly!" quite a bit as I read through or at least nodding as Chuck made points that KB and I have dissected or I've thought of as I've gone through life.

My favorite essay, however, was the one that starts off the collection because "it's so true!" The premise of the essay is that John Cusak has ruined Chuck's ability to make a woman happy. That one really got to me as he described the profound affect "Say Anything" had on women his age. Substitute Jim Halpert for Lloyd Dobbler and that makes a lot of sense to me. I'm so screwed.

But yeah. Love this book. Read it. Love it. Embrace it.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Jenn at 7:01 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.