July 19, 2008 When In Rome: A Novel of Piazzas and Passion by Gemma Townley
I found this book on my shelf as I was trying to clean out books I don't need to move west with me. I don't remember when I picked it up, but I know it's been on my list for a while. Sophie Kinsella is blurbed on a front cover, so I figured it couldn't be all bad.

It was a quick read, sprinkled with references to Roman Holiday, which I am ashamed I haven't seen. It IS on my Netflix, but I just keep moving things above it. But now I kinda feel like I have to see it.

Georgie was likable, even when she was being stupid, which is always a plus. The bad boy was in fact bad, but the good guy wasn't totally good, so that was new for me. It wasn't formulaic, even with the overspending on designer brands and the lack of passion for her job.

I finished the book in a day, and it was enjoyable. I don't know that I'll go out of my way to pick up another book by this author, but I won't turn down one either.

Labels:

posted by Jenn at 7:22 PM 1 comments

1 Comments:

Yeah, I started reading her because of the Sophie Kinsella connection too (Gemma Townley is S.K.'s sister-in-law, as it turns out!). The best of her books, hands down, is The Hopeless Romantic's Handbook. I've read three others, but not all, so maybe there are other good ones out there? Also -- you should see Roman Holiday!!! Such a pretty movie!!!

By Blogger Katie, at 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.