September 01, 2008 Sleeping Arrangements by Madeleine Wickham
I absolutely loved the last book I read by Madeleine Wickham, so I eagerly picked this book up at Costco in LA last month (it was half price!). I've read all the Sophie Kinsella books, so I was ready to start tackling all the titles under her real name, Madeleine Wickham.

Well, I don't know if it was just the mood I was in over the last month or what, but I was not impressed. The characters were introduced too quickly and I didn't really feel like I got to know any of them well. Or if I did, I didn't really care about them. On the plus side, I didn't really see the ending coming from 100 pages into the book, so that was a nice change.

Though I tagged this as "brit chick lit," it's really not. I mean, it's definitely British, but it's not really fluffy enough to be chick lit. However, I didn't think it really had the heart of Cocktails for Three either. It hasn't put me off my quest to read all things Wickham/Kinsella, but I'm not chomping at the bit like I was before.

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn at 12:24 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.