November 24, 2008 The Partly Cloudy Patriot by Sarah Vowell
My recent trip to NYC gave me a 4-hour bus ride in each direction which gave me plenty of time to finish this fabulous collection of essays by one of my favorite authors. Sarah Vowell has a great voice and a lot of her viewpoints and opinions coincide with mine, so I find myself doing a lot of nodding and "yes!"-ing while I read.

Written in December 2001, it's an interesting time capsule of Election 2000 and post-9/11 essays that try to make sense of the world and our country in a time that didn't really make any sense. A lot of what she writes is topical to that moment and contains things that I haven't really thought about in the intervening years. But mostly, it's just thought-provoking, humorous short pieces that make me smile and nod because it's so true.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jenn at 8:13 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.