December 30, 2008 The Last Summer (of You & Me) by Ann Brashares
I had time to squeeze one more book into this year's count, thanks to actually getting a full lunch hour both days at work this week!

I picked this book up over a year ago because I loved the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by this author. I thought I'd see how I enjoyed her work actually aimed at adults.

It was interesting. It took a long time for me to get hooked and I felt like it was trying to be loftier and more literary than it actually was. I didn't really connect with the characters and I felt like sometimes the prose was trying to be obtuse instead of actually telling what was going on, which was very frustrating. It improved as the book went on, but it took 200 pages before I really finally clicked with the concept and the plot. I'd probably read another book by her, but after loving the Sisterhood series, this was a bit of a letdown.

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn at 7:26 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.