January 27, 2009 The Gatecrasher by Madeleine Wickham
Madeleine Wickham won my heart again and she did it with a novel about a woman who crashes funerals to pick up the rich widowers for their cash. Who knew that was possible?

All the characters were richly painted and though I couldn't empathize with all of them for their actions, I understood why they felt and acted the way that they did. It was interesting to see a woman's death as blessing for the family that lost her. We like to romanticize the dead, to forget the things that made us angry, annoyed and frustrated - but sometimes they just weren't good people. Some people aren't.

Much better than my last Wickham pick and I will continue my quest to read all things Wickham/Kinsella.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jenn at 6:13 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.