March 07, 2009 Crossing the Line by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
I think the thing that fascinated me most about this book was the way it dealt with race and the different way the Brits connote racial issues that us in America. I'm sure it all has to do with our respective histories, but it was fascinating nonetheless.

If I didn't know that this book was a sequel to the last book I read, I'm sure I would have even believed it was by the same author. Sure, the main character does some weird and "not what a normal person would do" things, but they seem to come from another emotion/feeling than just self-absorption or greed. I do not buy for one second that having a baby completely changes a woman into some selfless, Mother Earth creature, but having a baby did change this character into someone likable and just a bit nutty as opposed to be stark-raving mad for no apparent reason. In this book, you could see why people would be friends with her, why the man loves her and why she might be useful to have around. I was actually sorry to see this one end, even if I could see the ending coming from a mile away.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jenn at 12:30 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.