March 10, 2009 Diary of a Mad Bride by Laura Wolf
This book would have you believe that single girls who say they don't care about getting married are just lying to everyone and themselves until their boyfriend proposes. Then they turn into crazy Bridezillas, imposing upon their co-workers, families, future inlaws, and close and not-so-close friends to do their bidding until the Big Day. After which, they realize What's Really Important - being married - and feel silly about being a total nutcase for the better part of a year.

Now, I haven't been married and I do freely admit that I would like to get married some day. I hope I don't turn into the aforementioned Bridezilla, though with my control-freak, perfectionist tendencies, the over-under on that is ... well, I'm sorry in advance. But the switch from normal human being, ARGUING about NEVER getting married to freaked out fiancee that's pissed people are falling over themselves to congratulate her on getting engaged was a bit harsh and ridiculous. I guess it wouldn't be a book without drama, but the drama just seemed cliche. I think I would have enjoyed it more if the crazy happened around our sane heroine instead of the heroine going insane.

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn at 4:03 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.