March 19, 2009 Elegance by Kathleen Tessaro
This book tackles a few themes that you don't see often in chick lit and I really enjoyed it. What is elegance and why do we strive to be elegant? And if we don't, where does that come from?

The main character was interesting and well-formed as was the narrative. Plenty of chick cliches abound, but it seemed to rise above them instead of embracing them or trying to wink at them. I recognized a lot of myself in her, but at the same time, she was far different than most heroines I read about. I totally got her obsession of trying to do everything "by the book" in the hopes that it would get her want she wanted.

I didn't really understand the need for the "Elegance" book excerpts at the beginning of most chapters, though they did make nice chapter titles. I skimmed most of them, though, because they didn't really have a lot to do with the plot and they were hard to read. The publisher used a scripty font that just wasn't very easy to decipher. I know it was supposed to be "classy," but it was just ridiculous.

All that to say, definitely picking up another one of her books when I see one at the library.

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn at 4:16 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.