March 05, 2009 The Thin Pink Line by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
This book has been on my list for a long, long time. It's a Red Dress Ink book, which is, I'm sure, how I first heard about it and added it. I obviously didn't read anything about it before I started reading it though.

The back cover's Publishers Weekly raves "Jane...is so charmingly audacious, that readers will be rooting for her." And I have to say, at least for this reader, that is a ridiculous lie. In the first chapter, Jane's period is like four hours late, so without taking a pregnancy test or going to a doctor, she decides to tell her live-in boyfriend the news. Oh and did I mention that she stalked several pregnant women and noticed that people give up seats for them and open doors for them, so it must be the awesome-ist to be pregnant? Then she gets her period cause she was never pregnant and ... decides to just keep pretending to be pregnant because she told too many people she was and that would be embarrassing.

I kept reading to see when it would get interesting, believable or at least when Jane would have SOME redeeming quality in her self-absorbency, delusion and greed. I was disappointed.

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn at 4:50 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.