March 14, 2009 Weekend in Paris by Robyn Sisman
This book appealed to me right from the beginning - an underappreciated secretary finally tells her boorish boss where to shove it - and didn't let go the whole time. I could relate to the heroine quite a bit, even as I was jealous of her - living in a place where one can just on the Eurostar from the Tube station and be in Paris in a matter of hours. I mean, I guess I could hop on the Metro to West Falls Church, then onto the Washington Flyer bus to Dulles and grab a $3000 flight to Paris, but it's just not the same. I really did have to stop myself, several times, from getting out my passport and driving to the airport. If you have wanderlust, you may to lock up your documents while you read this book.

It's a book about a wonderful adventure in a magical foreign city by a goody-goody girl who would never do anything like this, but has the time of her life when she surrenders to the joie de vie of a weekend in the City of Lights. The people she meets are colorful and larger than life, but have enough reality to them to make it seem like they really exist on the streets of Paris. There's a twist at the end that I wasn't expecting, but it really does pay off in a fabulous way. Lovely, fun read!

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn at 10:03 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.