May 28, 2009 Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy
I've loved Maeve Binchy's books since I first read Circle of Friends. Some are better than others, but they are all very good.

This wasn't the best book I'd ever read by her, but it was better than my last outing with her. It reminded me a bit of Love Actually, with all the characters being inter-related in some way. Each short chapter told the story of a man or woman that was in some way connect to Rossmore, home of St. Ann's well. Some stories were better than others, but it was an enjoyable read. The ending seemed abrupt to me and it was hard to keep track of all of the many characters (Binchy's trademark), but it was a good read. And I'm looking forward to reading her next novel when it comes out in the US next year.

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn at 5:58 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.