August 04, 2009 Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
When I tried to renew this book with the library over the weekend, it appeared that someone else was waiting for it, so it was a no-go. I was at a good stopping place with Hopeless Romantic, so I decided to try to get through this book in three days. I wasn't sure I was going to get through it, but being sick today helped me reach my goal (the only good thing about bad pot roast!).

It was really compelling and I think I have quickly found a new favorite author! It seems like it would be difficult to side with the girl who is cheating with her best friend's fiance, but Ms. Giffin writes the relationship in such a way that you start feeling for her. Even though it starts going down predictable paths, I could see myself acting in the same way if I were in Rachel's position. Some of the Manhattan-ness of the book got on my nerves, but it was tempered with enough memories of Indiana to keep me from going crazy. Looking forward to reading the next one in the series!

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn at 6:03 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.