September 20, 2009 Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner
Jennifer Weiner never fails to deliver a nuanced look at females, families, friendships and food. I started this book just after my own high school reunion and I think mine might have been a bit more interesting if it had ended like this book started.

I was a bit confused as to why our heroine went along with her crazy old friend, but as we went along I didn't mind it so much. I really enjoyed how the past was revealed, piece by piece instead of a ton of exposition. Weiner gives us the POV of almost every major character in the book, except for the crazy friend. I really would love to see how she sees herself. Perhaps Weiner's next book?

The ending was a little unbelievable and things seemed to wrap up a little to neatly for my taste. But it was a great ride up to that point, so I'll forgive her.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jenn at 7:19 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.