January 10, 2010 Baby Proof by Emily Giffin
Off to a slow start this year, but with a couple of health crises last week, I guess that's to be expected.

Also, probably because this book wasn't as engaging as I wanted it to be. It just didn't seem to be about anything. I had several ideas as I read along about what might happen to the main character - to push her out of her bubble. But instead it seems to flounder along and the things happening to the characters around her are actually more interesting, but we only get to hear about them from our heroine's perspective.

This was definitely my least favorite Giffin novel, which is sad because I was so sure it would be my favorite. As someone else who doesn't get the need to have children or what a lot of women become once they have them, I was glad to see this point-of-view expressed in a non-militant way. However, the pay off just wasn't there and that was disappointing.

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn at 4:22 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.