March 19, 2011 An Ideal Wife by Gemma Townley
I almost stopped reading this book in the first chapter because the main character was just being too ridiculous. She's having dinner with her husband, her mother and her mother's fiance and they are all talking about the ideal spouse or what makes the perfect wife. Her husband of a year says he thinks she's perfect with a kiss and suddenly, Jessica thinks he actually thinks she's perfect (seriously, all evidence to the contrary aside!) and so she needs to actually be perfect so he won't get mad when he finds out that she kissed that other guy in the last book. Seriously, as a grown woman, that's her thought process.

Luckily, it's a super quick read and I finished it in the hour plane ride from San Francisco to San Diego. There's a lot of "wacky hijinks" involving some of her other friends and colleagues, but none of it very memorable. I've got two more Gemma Townley books waiting for me at home, but I'm still debating on whether or not to read them. I really liked the last one I read, but this series has really soured me on her as an author.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jenn at 11:35 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.