August 28, 2011 Scot On The Rocks: How I Survived My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding With My Dignity Ever-So Slightly Intact by Brenda Janowitz
I've set myself a challenge to read all the novels from the now-defunct Red Dress Ink imprint of Harlequin. I even made a Google Spreadsheet of titles and everything! I randomly search for Brenda Janowitz's entries on Link+ and they both came up.

This book is typical chick lit (single girl with high-powered career in Manhattan can't quite get her love life together), but it was a nice change from the history book I was attempting to read prior to this. I finished the first half while doing two loads of laundry at the laundromat last week and the second half while lounging in bed on this very lazy Sunday. Brooke Miller, our heroine, starts off the book as a level-headed lawyer and ends the book that way. In the middle, we suffer through her hare-brained scheme to impress her ex-boyfriend at his Hollywood wedding. Though it does take up a good chunk of the book, the less said about that, the better.

Even though I was a shaking my head at some of Brooke's less than stellar plans and some of the weird anachronisms (it's set in a time where Katie Holmes is with Tom Cruise, but there are also phones in the back of plane seats?), she is fundamentally a good person, good friend and normal human being. The epilogue seemed tacked on after the author found out the publisher wanted a sequel, but I'll forgive it. Looking forward to reading the next installment, which hopefully, involves less kilts.

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn at 1:37 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.