September 10, 2011 The Betrayl of the Blood Lily by Lauren Willig
It's been over two years since I last dove into a Lauren Willig historical fiction and I think absence made the heart grow fonder. I didn't really remember Penelope or the circumstances of her marriage, but luckily for me, that didn't really matter. I didn't have to keep straight in which book Charlotte or Henrietta, etc were featured as Penelope and Freddy were largely on their own in this book. The detour to colonial India was also a nice change of pace.

Also, for the first time, I actually preferred the period romance to that of Colin and Eloise. It was quite interesting to see Penelope falling for Captain Reid and dealing with that attraction while maintaining (and not maintaining) her place in society. Definitely more interesting that Eloise trying to set up Colin's sister, now that she's part of a couple and wants everyone to be coupled up. I found Eloise actually quite insufferable whenever she appeared on the page and the air of "mystery" around Colin's family is bordering on dull at this point.

That said, I'm excited to catch up on the books that have come out in the years that have past and see what else lies in store for this group of characters.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jenn at 6:39 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.