September 05, 2011 Jack With a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School by Brenda Janowitz
I spent a lot of time angry at all the characters in the book as I read. First, I was pissed that our heroine wasn't taking her case seriously and/or was whining she was actually having to do her job instead of planning her wedding. But then she was doing her job and everyone else is giving her shit about it. And every time I was finally get back on Team Brooke, she'd do something else ridiculous (like hiring her wedding videographer to stalk her fiance to make sure he wasn't cheating on her with his new junior associate) and I'd want to shake her.

Everyone was behaving irrationally (I mean, serving her with motions "as a joke" and then seeming surprised she was taking them seriously? Please tell me actual lawyers don't act like this!) and it was very frustrating. Brooke also tries to rationalize her behavior to the reader, but instead of agreeing with her, I just wanted to scream at her. The ending was even more ridiculous and took any good feeling I had toward any of the characters with it. The epilogue again felt tacked on, but so far I haven't seen evidence that the author has made this a trilogy.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jenn at 1:46 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


Books Read In...
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011


Powered By
Content on this site is property of Jenn.